Forums

Forums / General Science and Teaching / Need free schools supplies ?

General Science and Teaching

Need free schools supplies ?

Author Post
Jermaine Inoue Jermaine Inoue 60 Points

Our organization, Black Atheists of America, is searching for science classrooms in need of supplies for our SCIENCE CUBED program. We will donate a maximum of $600 of school supplies per class/per year for this purpose. The supplies to be donated are determined by the participants, since the teachers are in the best position to determine what tools are needed to improve their science department. To participate in this program: (1) the recipient must be a public school teacher for grades 6-12; (2) 40% or more of the students must be on reduced and/or free lunch; and (3) the scientific method must be central to the teacher's curriculum. If you are interested and cannot see the attachment to sign up please email me. [email protected]

Attachments

Tina Alcain Tina Alcain 3305 Points

This sounds like an awesome opportunity for our students! Where do we mail the completed application? I am going to see if our 9th grade Physical Science teacher will want to apply. She does a lot with the scientific method in her curriculum.

Tasha Kaai Tasha Kaai 270 Points

Could the money be used to buy supplies needed for students' individual science fair project materials? I'll be sure to tell our 6th grade teachers about this, thanks!

Go to this link and fill out the form and submit it and we will receive it. http://blackatheistsofamerica.org/index.php/programs

@ Tasha I dont see why not.

Angelina Cruz Angelina Cruz 820 Points

Hi Jermaine, Thank you very much for giving us this kind of opportunity to help our students. Many of the students in our district lack financial support at home and they always resort to a kind of project that limits their expenses that sometimes lead to lack of quality works. When I read your post, the first thing that came to mind was "PERFECT!" We are starting with our science project now and I know from experience that most students will struggle to buy basic supplies for their project. Again, thanks for giving us this wonderful opportunity. God bless and more power to you all! Angie =))

You are very welcome. You should have gotten an email already from Ayanna. =)

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers