Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Matter & its Interactions Video Applications

Elementary Science

Matter & its Interactions Video Applications

Author Post
Kelly Carroll Kelly Carroll 955 Points

Hello everyone, 

I currently work in a kindergarten classroom, we are covering the topic of animals and habitats and my students have loved watching small segments of the Netflix series 'Our Planet' on Netflix Kids. I've found it to be a great way to end our days of this unit, the kids love to use their rest mat time to watch a small segment of the show and then talk about what they learned in class and what they learned from the show. As we move into the spring we will be working on Matter & its Interactions, I was wondering if there are any shows you recommend for the elementary-age student that cover this topic? Are there any hands-on activities that you've performed with your students on this topic that align with a video you found useful? 

Sama McGrath Sama 10 Points

There are some educational programs that can be useful for elementary students, you can refer to Bill Nye the Science Guy - There are several episodes of Bill Nye's classic TV show that deal with the subject matter, such as 'States of Matter' and 'Chemical Reactions Terraria'. These episodes are engaging and educational, and Bill Nye is known for making science fun and accessible to students.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers