Forums

Earth and Space Science

Erosion PBL

Author Post
Anna Babiak Anna Babiak 355 Points

Hi everyone, 

I just finished my first year of teaching middle school science. I am looking to write a PBL unit on erosion. Does anyone have any resources, files, or ideas to help me?

I'm hoping for students to have to build a model/structure to help stop erosion. 

Thank you in advance!

Micheal P Floyd Jr Micheal P Floyd Jr 75 Points

When one seeks to build a report for future learning use, one only needs to write what I term (36 years) as "Reality-Based Instructions". Just outline what erosion is composed of and what are the climate conditions that courses erosion. Explain while providing, an example of a erosion and wherein reality one will find "erosion". Compose your second paragraph to illustrate what erosion is composed of such as what material is found within erosion while showcasing the climate conditions that when mixed together forms " Erosions". Your third paragraph should illustrate "Erosion" in the form of cut and paste photos, while explaining where one can find conditions that will have "Erosion" conditions in place, I.e., fires on the mountain and hilly ranges that destroyed trees and grassy conditions, that once the climate condition changes so will the use of one of Mother Nature's Tools found within her toolbox... The Water Cycle. This will cover where in reality "Erosion" is found. This illustration will be the for us of your lesson for years to come. - Dr. Micheal Prentiss Floyd Jr. - Ed.S., Ed.D., Ph.D.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers