Forums

Forums / Next Generation Science Standards / PEER Physics Pilot Opportunity - Spring 2021

Next Generation Science Standards

PEER Physics Pilot Opportunity - Spring 2021

Author Post
Jonathan Mann Jonathan Mann 110 Points

Hello,

I would like to formally invite you to participate in the PEER Physics Spring 2021 pilot program. Investigating and vetting curricular resources, especially in this year of turmoil, can be time consuming and frustrating. The PEER Physics pilot program is a way to apply your instructional vision, expertise, and knowledge of your community to the PEER Physics suite of resources. This experience will empower you with evidence-rich information to inform decisions about adopting PEER Physics.

The PEER Physics Spring 2021 Pilot has 3 main goals:

To provide an opportunity to investigate PEER Physics deeply and the impacts of its design for science learning through inductive processes,
To see the ways in which PEER Physics can support your vision and goals, and,
To highlight the range of resources that support face-to-face and remote instruction.

Each piloting teacher will receive the resources and training necessary to fully implement PEER Physics Chapter W - Waves, including: 

Onboarding meeting (virtual) on Thursday, January 21st from 1:00-4:00pm MT
PD sessions (virtual) on February 13th and March 13th; 9:00–11:00am MT
25 Chapter W (Waves) student guide eBooks, with an option to purchase additional eBooks or printed books
1 Chapter W Teacher Guide eBooks
Access to PEER Physics online resources, including remote learning resources, audio recordings of the Scientists’ Ideas readings, and Anchoring Phenomena resources. 

The total cost is $0. The cost to participate is $500 per teacher due at the beginning the pilot and each teacher will be provided a $500 stipend after completion of the pilot and debrief with PEER Physics staff.

Please let me know your interest level in joining this pilot opportunity at your earliest convenience by filling out this brief form (by January 8th). I am happy to answer any questions you may have and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Mann

Director of Responsive Partnerships

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers