Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Teaching in the pandemic!

New Teachers

Teaching in the pandemic!

Author Post
Khadejia Yousuf Khadejia Yousuf 855 Points

Hello everyone, 

My name is Khadejia and for the past year, just like evryone else I have been teaching and learning during a pandemic. It is crazy how the world is so crazy yet we are still doing our every day activies, such as going to school, teaching, and all the other things. I never in a million years would think my college experince would be getting done while sitting at my bed at home. I think it was hard in the begining but now, like most folks I don't want to go back to school. I do, however want to teach in person. I can't imagine, teaching online to little kids that are in pre-k- second grade as it must be so tough, espceially since during these ages students are usually working online. My school has two online teachers for each grade level and I am so curious to know how do they teach preeschoolers online? How can they pay attention even for 5 minutes? and lastly, What are some resources being used to keep them engaged? I would love to see a elementary class being taught online, I feel like at the rate we are going, Most of us will be teaching on the computer as well! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers