Forums

Forums / Life Science / Free Activity: Growing beans with daily pictures and descriptions

Life Science

Free Activity: Growing beans with daily pictures and descriptions

Author Post
Ellen Paparozzi Ellen 10 Points

My colleagues and I have just completed a 3-part, free ebook showing day-by-day pictures of how a bean plant grows and flowers. Included is How to Grow Your Own Beans which includes step-by-step instructions and list of items needed and where to get them. 

The book is geared for high school science students including ESL and visiually challenged. It can be found in the Plant and Soil Sciences eLibrary at UNL

https://passel2.unl.edu/view/lesson/bb92d6199625/8

Questions or comments, please contact Ellen Paparozzi at [email protected]

Kathryn Pina Kathryn Pina 650 Points

Hello Ellen,

As an upcoming teacher, Would I be able to use this kind of activity with my elementary students? Because with my own high school ecperience of growing my own bean was something to be excited and proud of. Seeing the day to day growth of the beans plants. Sharing something like this with my own students can be remorable for them as well. Thank you for sharing the links, this is something I am interested in. What would you suggest I do as an attention getter before starting this lesson?  

Lauren Cramer Lauren Cramer 2025 Points

This sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing! 

Brian Marrero Brian Marrero 1260 Points

Thanks for sharing. I would check that up and try to implement in my classroom. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers