Forums

Forums / Life Science / Environmental Grants

Life Science

Environmental Grants

Author Post
Patricia Rourke Patricia Rourke 45925 Points

There is a thread on grants available to teachers and students in the Physical Science Forum but this notification belongs in Life Science, too. Perhaps others will add to potential environmental grants. Note the date for submission for this Grant is March 15. 2013 October 1, 2012 Vernier Sponsors Ecology/Environmental Science Teaching Award Each year, Vernier sponsors the NABT Ecology/Environmental Science Teaching Award. This award is given to a secondary school teacher who has successfully developed and demonstrated an innovative approach in the teaching of ecology/environmental science and has carried his or her commitment to the environment into the community. Vernier’s sponsorship of this award includes $1,000 toward travel to the NABT Professional Development Conference and $500 of Vernier equipment. The recipient also receives a recognition plaque to be presented at the conference and a one-year complimentary NABT membership. Applications for the 2013 award will be available later this fall, and the deadline for submission is March 15, 2013. To sign up for notification of the application’s availability, go to www.vernier.com/grants/nabt. Sent from my iPad

The TAPESTRY grants also have an environmental/ life science component. Here is that url: http://www.nsta.org/pd/tapestry/ The information on how to write a grant is most helpful and there are archives of past Webinars from 2011. There may be a future webinar on how to write for a TAPESTRY Grant.

Angelo Laskowsky Angelo Laskowsky 2190 Points

Thank you, Patricia! Those are very helpful links! I can think of a few project at my school my kids want to try but we don't have the funds. These should come in handy!!

Patty McGinnis Patricia McGinnis 25635 Points

Hi Patti, I don't think the TAPESTRY grants are running anymore, but Toshiba Foundation is another great resource for science grants.

Thanks for the update, Patti. The website does not state that they are no longer available; the site just thanks Toyota for 21 great years of support.

Amanda Tufts Amanda Tufts 2525 Points

Thanks for posting the information!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers