Forums

Forums / Research in Science Education / Research with people with STEM degrees/careers and teach elementary

Research in Science Education

Research with people with STEM degrees/careers and teach elementary

Author Post
Helen Douglass Helen Douglass 30 Points

Hello, I am conducting a pilot study and am looking for people with STEM degrees, or who formerly had a STEM career and then decided to teach, especially elementary. If you are interested in learning more, please contact me at the address below. Thank you. Sincerely, Helen Douglass University of Colorado Denver [email protected]

Susan Gendreau Susan Gendreau 80 Points

Hi, Helen -- I came across your post while reading about something else. It's been a few centuries, but just in case: I got a Ph.D. in organic chemistry, worked briefly in industry, switched to college teaching and then to high school teaching. :) Susan

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92296 Points

Sounds like a good doctoral thesis question, Helen. Are you working on one? IF so best of luck. Carolyn

Carmen Cruz Carmen Cruz 2125 Points

What about former teachers that have transitioned to STEM teachers?

Rebecca Falin Rebecca Falin 71530 Points

I have a BS in chemistry with 16 years industrial research experience, followed by doctoral and postdoctoral research in biophysics, then I transitioned to teaching high school....

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers