Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Science Websites.. help!

Elementary Science

Science Websites.. help!

Author Post
Shelby Pettigrew Shelby Pettigrew 1260 Points

I'm a senior in college studying elementary educaiton. I am building a unit plan that must be integrated with technology. What are some websites that you use in your classroom or have heard of for science concepts? I am open to anything right now, for it can be on anything. I just want to submerge myself in educational science websites that I can use in my future classroom.

Hope Vanlandingham Hope Vanlandingham 695 Points

Hello,

A great science website I have heard of is 'mystery science'! This website has a ton of resources ranging from 5 minute mini lessons to full instructional units. It is also all online so there is less to prep and it will also help integrate technology. This website is also aligned to the NGSS. 

Christopher Like Christopher Like 340 Points

Concord Consortium has great simulations. So does Phet. Some of them can be used with elementary students. 

Angela Sattinger Angela Sattinger 565 Points

Generation Genius is a great site. It does have an annual fee associated with it. The videos are great and come with online games, pre- and post questions, as well as extension activities. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers