Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Professional Development Summer 2012

Earth and Space Science

Professional Development Summer 2012

Author Post
Betty Paulsell Betty Paulsell 48560 Points

Wow, Tina, what a great list of opportunities for earth science teachers! I will pass this information onto some earth science teachers I feel would be interested. Thanks for sharing.

TINA THESE ARE AWESOME RESOURCES!!!!!! I AM CURRENTLY PUTTING TOGETHER ON FACEBOOK A SITE CALLED THE WAR EAGLEAS EDUCATION PAGE IT IS ABOUT VINTAGE AIRCRAFT AND THE AVIATION AEROSPACE CONNECTION TO STEM... I WONDER, CAN YOU AND YOUR TEAM VISIT OUR SITE, LIKE US ON FB AND MAKE THE AVIATION AEROSPACE CONNECTION TO NESTA???

TYPO CORRECTION: THAT SHOULD READ "WAR EAGLES EDUCATION PAGE" ON FACEBOOK

Linda Smith Linda Smith 4615 Points

Check out NJSTA's facebook page. Our executive board gets a lot of opportunities flowing through our inbox. We post all of them to our facebook page. Linda

Dorothy Ginnett Dorothy Ginnett 28240 Points

Hi Linda - Could you please post a link to this facebook page and also tell us what the acronym NJSTA means? Is it New Jersey Science Teacher Association?? Thanks! Dorothy

Linda Smith Linda Smith 4615 Points

Sorry for the late post. The response found its way to my spam folder. NJSTA stands for New Jersey Science Teachers Association I'm pretty sure the link below will take you there. http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Jersey-Science-Teachers-Association-NJSTA/139816962758165 There are 5 administrators to this page. Whenever any of us gets information about opportunities or activities we post directly to this page, including job openings. We are trying to get information out to our members in the most efficient way possible. Linda

Thanks for the updated information Linda. Nice facebook page for your teacher association. The STEM bootcamp opportunity looks awesome. Too bad I don't live and teach in New Jersey! Dorothy

Hi Tina - Those place-based education/climate change webseminars from the Great Lakes Alliance sound interesting. However, two of the webseminars have already passed. Do you have links to seminar archives? Please post the final webseminar date/time once it is announced. Thanks! Dorothy

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers