Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Helpful Suggestions that worked?

Earth and Space Science

Helpful Suggestions that worked?

Author Post
Lori Norwood Lori Norwood 11126 Points

Hello my fellow colleagues, 

My name is Lor Norwood and I am a senior at Henderson State University obtaing my BSE. I personally love learning about Scace science and want to bring my enthusiasiam to my classroom.  Any suggestions as to what kinds of activities I can use in my classroom to get my students enthused about Space Sciene?  I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Matt Bobrowsky Matt Bobrowsky 6410 Points

Hi, Lori.

What grade will you be teaching?

In an article in Science and Children (July 2019), I present some astronomy-related classroom activities, as well as discussing some popular misconceptions that some students (and teachers) often harbor when they first enter the classroom.

Matt

Lori Norwood Lori Norwood 11126 Points

Hi Matt,

I will be teaching 4th grade.  I'm super excited but I'm in need of some suggestions.  Thank you for letting me know about that article.  I will put it in my collection, as well as print it out so I can read through it.  I appreciate it!  Hope you have a great weekend.

Lori

Andrew Fraknoi Andrew Fraknoi 730 Points

There are 133 classroom-tested space-science activities for K-12 in the collection called 'The Universe at Your Fingertips' from the nonprofit Astronomical Society of the Pacific.  You can find the whole collection at: https://myasp.astrosociety.org/product/DV122/the-universe-at-your-fingertips-20-dvd-rom 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers