Forums

Forums / Physical Science / Rain Cloud in a Jar Experiment

Physical Science

Rain Cloud in a Jar Experiment

Author Post
Kayla Talley Kayla Talley 1020 Points

Hi Everyone. I am doing an experiment next week teaching my students about how a rain cloud forms. What are some good key terms I should implement inside this lesson plan? I am using shaving cream, water, a large jar, ice, hairspray for the dust, pollution, air particles, as well as blue food coloring to create the rain. 

Austin Cluck Austin Cluck 1250 Points

It may be beneficial to incorporate the water cycle, including condensation, evaporation, precipitation, and how these processes are incorporated into the formation of rain clouds. If your unit is built around the water cycle, this will be beneficial, and it will also be beneficial if its not your focus in the sense that students will be building on and applying knowledge to new concepts. I hope this helps!

Kassandra Orozco Kassandra Orozco 530 Points

Hello Kayla, as I future educator I would like to teach my students this activity and I think it would be so fun for them to learnabout this when we starte learning about the water cycle. Thank you for sharing with us.

Marwa Crisp Marwa Crisp 1728 Points

My middle school students struggle with the following terms that could be introduced early:

Homogeneous mixture, homogeneous mixtures, density, matter, *states* of matter, particles, models, 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers