Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / A View from the Earth and Space Sciences

Earth and Space Science

A View from the Earth and Space Sciences

Author Post
Dana-Ashli Walsh Dana-Ashli Walsh 3300 Points

This article discusses different careers in what is called geosciences. Geoscientist study many fascinating things such as volcanos, hurricanes, oceans, tornados and the solar system. Careers in geoscience range from teaching and doing research in schools to working in government labs. Occupations like these are beginning to get more popularity and articles such as this show how students can get more involved and even change the face of science in years to come. With global warming becoming even more of an issue even students who aren't going to follow this career path can become more aware. Geoscientists study unknown earthquakes and even how to protect our fresh water supply and coastal erosion. Although the need for geoscientists are great many students don't have much geoscience study at the middle and high school levels. In my own life I did have a variety of science study growing up. Currently, I work at a middle school after school program and the teacher in my class has a grant to not only teach robotics but NASA exploration as well. The students may not know it now but these skills they learn may help them or even guide them to a career in the future.

Kelly Kaleta Kelly Kaleta 625 Points

Hi Dana-was there an article attached to this post? I am looking for materials to encourage students to join earth science and would love to see the article if there is one?

Dana-Ashli Walsh Dana-Ashli Walsh 3300 Points

I attached the article for you. It's on the center under "A view from the Earth and Space Sciences"

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers