Forums

Forums / STEM / Creative ways to use Technology

STEM

Creative ways to use Technology

Author Post
Faranica Reynolds Faranica Reynolds 240 Points

What are some of the creative ways you use technology in your classroom?

Bailey Swann Bailey Swann 220 Points

One great way to get students collaborating is by using class tools which will generate groups randomly after inputting the students names. 

https://www.classtools.net/random-group-generator/

Bailey Swann Bailey Swann 220 Points

One great way to get students collaborating is by using class tools which will generate groups randomly after inputting the students names. 

https://www.classtools.net/random-group-generator/

Kalleasha Collins Kalleasha Collins 950 Points

When starting a new unit, vocabulary is introduced to get students acclimated with the content. The students work with a Frayer model to learn about the meaning of the word from each unit. Instead of hard copies of graphic organizers, teachers may incorporate technology with online platforms. To incorporate technology, students create a graphic organizer on Mindmieser. Mindmieser is an online platform where students can create graphic organizers, and flow charts.

https://www.mindmeister.com/

Mikayla Prusha Mikayla Prusha 1175 Points

There are a lot of fun resources online to use - some of my favorites are gimkit, kahoot, padlet, education.com has a lot of resources as well! Gimkit and Kahoot are games that can be on teams or individual and they have different modes to use. They can help with reviewing and studying, along with padlet being an easy way to have students answer questions and they all get put on the board. They can be organized in ways, and there are different settings on there. Worde, Nerdle, Worldle, and connections are also fun thinking games that you can do at the beginning of the day. They can be used as a warm-up and students can collaborate with each other to try and solve it. It can be done as a class or individually, and there is a new challenge each day! 

Bri Lingenfelter Bri Lingenfelter 1405 Points

Hi Faranica, 

I am a 4th year elementary education major at Wartburg College. Just recently, my Science Methods class completed a project to find and research technology that can be used in the classroom. I chose Edpuzzle because of how beneficial it was to one of my cooperative teachers classrooms. Edpuzzle allows teachers to create interactive video lessons for their students. Teachers can add questions, quizzes, and notes to videos, making learning more engaging. It also provides insights into student progress and understanding.

Abigail Palmer Abigail Palmer 265 Points

I highly recomend kahoot! It is easy to do and fun for all ages!!! The students can log into a kahoot code and aswer questions from their computers, phones , tablets, etc. This was always the most exciting days in our classes and aloud us as the students to have fun while studying. In my opinion the best part is it is a competitive game and the students you expect to hate it are the ones who end up loving it!

Leslie Flores Leslie Flores 470 Points

Hello Faranica, your question is very interesting because I think that nowadays it is important to promote technology in classrooms so that students become familiar with technology. There are many application options for students and that way they can learn vocabulary, tests, games, videos, activities and art through safe applications for students.

Hannah Sauer Hannah Sauer 250 Points

Hi Faranica! Similar to Kahoot is a software/website called Quizizz. It's a way to assess and practice your class instruction through interactive activities that you can either find on the site or create yourself. The activities are created by teachers for teachers. Your students can also customize their layout when they enter the class code, so they can adjust their viewing experience to their preferences. It is a fun and entertaining way to evaluate and enhance classroom learning.

Stephen Dean Stephen Dean 710 Points

One piece of technology that I have used it GimKit. This is similar to Kahoot! but it offers more interactive minigames that I have found my students to enjoy! This provides the students with a way to study in a fun way!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers