Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Your Favorite Lesson

Earth and Space Science

Your Favorite Lesson

Author Post
Mary Colson Mary Colson 1095 Points

I've been reading posts for awhile and decided I'd like to get a sense of what topic folks in the NSTA Earth Science community forum really love to teach. So, in your Earth science class, what is your favorite lesson to teach and why? Looking forward to the conversation, Mary Colson

Cris DeWolf Cris DeWolf 11965 Points

We do a series of lessons on multiwavelength astronomy using materials from Active Astronomy, a guide put together by the E/PO of the SOFIA program. SOFIA is the Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy, and is a modified 747 carrying a 2.5 meter reflector telescope. One of the lessons that the students enjoy the most is where we build infrared detectors using a Radioshack amplifier speaker and a solar cell. Infrared remotes sound like rayguns. The guide is available at http://www.sofia.usra.edu/Edu/materials/edu_materials.html

Infrared Astronomy Collection (3 items)
- User Uploaded Resource
- User Uploaded Resource
- User Uploaded Resource
Tori Popoloski Tori Popoloski 1500 Points

This seems like something fun to try out !!

Natalie Cordero NATALIE CORDERO 1415 Points

After exploring the NSTA resources and being exposed to so many different topics in science I have gain so much interest in many topics! SOme such as living and nonliving things, the interdependance of life (which is a huge topic) but my favorite is EARTH, SPACE, the Solar System and our Universe! THere are soo many interesting facts, theories and opinions to learn about! I loove to explore the Earth itself then go beyond that! Wander in space and see what a class can discover as they inquire the unknown!

Joyce Dooley Joyce Dooley 350 Points

ESS- Catostophic Events. Everything about the biosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and lithosphere combined into one unifying course.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers