Forums

Forums / General Science and Teaching / Classroom Science Posters

General Science and Teaching

Classroom Science Posters

Author Post
Cheska Robinson Cheska Lorena 5075 Points

Hello, My principal has asked me to purchase science posters for our laboratory ("Project Room"). What are your favorite go-to online stores for science laboratory posters? I would have liked to use student-drawn posters, but this is a new school building and the Project Room is a shared space between art and science classes. The principal charged the art teacher and I to make our sides look more like an art, or science room but also to make it "uniform". Since the art teacher is purchasing art posters, I will have to purchase science posters. Thanks in advance! Cheska

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92276 Points

Hi Cheska,
I really like the Fox E. Flinn safety posters from Flinn Scientific; they are more cartoony than artistic.
NASA posters are amazing. I have collected several through the years by going to NSTA conferences. I know they are available to teachers online, too. Here is a link to the ones they have for viewing online: NASA Teaching Materials - Posters

My state's Department of Natural Resources has free posters available to teachers that include many beautiful pictures of our state's flora and fauna. I think you said you had money to spend, but there is a lot out there that is free, too.
I just reviewed an article that talks about how to use posters as teaching tools in the classroom. It has some more information about the NASA posters: The Science Behind a NASA Poster
Carolyn

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92276 Points

Hi again, Cheska,
A journal article in the Learning Center caught my eye after reading your post. I decided to read and review it. In case you are interested, it is about how a teacher combined science and art in her classroom: Earth View, Art View
Carolyn

Sandy Gady Sandy Gady 43175 Points

I love the safet y posters from Loose in the Lab. The kids love the cartoons and remember the message for a long time. As others have mentioned, NASA has lots of great posters as well.

Mars Brownsen Mars Brownsen 575 Points

Spend the money on something else and have the kids make posters. I love the stuff kids come up with....

Kendra Young Kendra Young 17180 Points

I love science posters! I love keeping my kids on their toes by putting my posters on the floor or hanging them from the ceiling. Kids never read stuff on the walls. If you want them to pay attention to it, put it in an unusual place. Just something to keep in mind as you shop! Thanks! Kendra

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers