Forums

Forums / New Teachers / New Teacher

New Teachers

New Teacher

Author Post
Emily Majano Emily Majano 3555 Points

I am so excited to become an elementary teacher! Being a teacher has always been my dream. I grew up with 2 of my ants being teachers and i saw them everyday either prepare for assignments or grade assignments, that was something i wanted to do too! As a new teacher i believe you have to go in with a positive attitude that everything will be okay. The first day or even year of teaching might be a little nerve wrecking because you never know what to expect and you want to be doing your best! Maintaining a positive attitude and having good classroom management will help out a new teacher!

Carlene Thayer Carlene Thayer 55 Points

It's great to hear the enthusiasm of others and know that you are not alone. This site is a bit scary not knowing yet how to navigate through it. This is going to be an exciting semester!

Jacqueline DuBois Jacqueline DuBois 60 Points

I get excited and a little anxious thinking about being a new teacher as well. This website is a little overwhelming at first. As I explored the site, it seems it is going to be very useful. I look forward to learning more about education this semester.

Anna Franco Anna Franco 145 Points

I am so excited to begin learning and become knowledgeable about excellent science resources for teaching science. This site is new to me but looks very interesting. I am so glad that I am in a science course were everyone is so friendly and willing to work together to learn to full potential how to become an effective educator. I hope we all have great semester learning about science instruction!

Michelle Perez Michelle Perez 3580 Points

I am also very excited to use the NSTA learning center! It is an effective tool for pre-service teachers. We're currently using it at a course at Florida International University. The Web Seminar provided helps you learn how to use the LC. Hope you have a great semester too!

Michelle Perez Michelle Perez 3580 Points

I believe in you! I can't wait to teach too, your energy towards starting to teach is contagious! I graduate in Fall. I hope to start teaching soon after.

Heather Kriens Heather Kriens 285 Points

Teaching can be so rewarding however, I can see how it can also be stressful to get the hang of everything your first year. There are so many hats that teachers wear in the classroom. I think that this website is going to be very beneficial with finding lots of activities, lesson planning, and even teacher support. I wish you the best in your new teaching career.

Addison Scroggins Addison Scroggins 220 Points

I am also working on becoming a new teacher! I am very nervous for going into my first classroom! I feel like even though I still have a couple of semesters left of preparing- it's coming fast! I go into my internship in the fall and am very nervous for that! But I know that this job is so important and rewarding! I can't wait to see firsthand how good teaching can help students grow and learn!

Amanda Perez Amanda Perez 985 Points

I will be graduating December 2017 and I am so excited for what is to come. I hear so many horror stories about teachers second guessing their career choice but I am not letting that control how I feel. I think everyone is responsible for what they make out of their career. I agree you must stay positive to see positive results.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers